Careers Programme Information (CEIAG)
Review of page due: January 2021
The Careers education, information and guidance programme (CEIAG) aims to provides all students a way of developing knowledge, understanding and experience of opportunities in education, training and employment. It develops the skills needed to make improved decisions and it is a way of helping students to apply knowledge and understanding and skills to their own circumstances.
Best practice provision integrates careers guidance with a well planned programme of careers education, the aims of which are;
- To encourage all students to recognise and value their own skills and abilities and to appreciate their relationships with, and responsibilities towards, other people, the community and environment.
- To develop the skills which will help them to make informed and realistic choices for their future.
- To enable students and parents to be aware of the alternatives and opportunities open to them at different stages of their life and to raise aspirations.
- To develop the skills, including communication and confidence that will be needed in new roles and situations.
- To encourage understanding and experience of the world of work through WRL and enterprise activities.
- To promote equality of opportunity in respect of race, religion, gender and special needs disability.
- To develop students’ capabilities and to understand their own needs and abilities.
- To encourage students to investigate career opportunities both locally and nationally and through direct experience of the world of work, work related learning and enterprise activities.
- To encourage students to implement their career plans. To review and evaluate in order to make improved decisions and manage the transition processes effectively.