Youthlab is Centre for Chinese Contemporary Art’s new initiative to develop a dynamic youth arts collective & learning advisory board by young people for young people.
The main aims of the group are;
– to allow you the opportunity to learn about contemporary art & artists
– to learn how creative organisations run and what job roles are available in the future
– take part in creative workshops working both collaboratively & independently to create your own work and respond to our exhibitions
– provide views, ideas and fresh perspectives to inform the galleries future aims
– to programme your own activities within the gallery
Youthlab will run weekly on a Tuesday evening, 5-7pm, located at the city centre gallery (with some off site visits). You will work towards an Arts Award Bronze certificate as part of the programme.
Youthlab is aimed at local young people living in Greater Manchester between the ages of 14-19. No prior experience is necessary to take part, if you like art and would like to learn more just drop in.
If you are interested in becoming involved in this, please see Mr Freeman or Mrs Connolly.