Uniform and Equipment
We are privileged in that our students are often smart in their appearance and wear their uniform with pride. Please see below a list of guidance regarding how our students should wear their uniform.
- A white tailored shirt, with a proper shirt collar, which can be tucked into your waistband and has a top button you can fasten.
- School Tie (Royal blue striped tie) worn so that it reaches the waistband.
- Black school blazer with the school logo on it.
- Black V-neck jumper (optional) to wear under your blazer.
- Plain tailored trousers, full length (at least to the ankle). No leggings, jeans, tracksuit bottoms or jersey fabrics.
- Plain tailored knee length pleated or A-line style skirt. Knee length means the skirt should be touching the crease of the back of the knee and the knee cap at the front. The skirt should not be tight fitting or made from stretchy fabrics. If wearing a skirt, socks or tights must be worn (not both together).
- Socks must be plain, not patterned, and either black, white or grey. They must also be either knee or ankle length.
- Tights must be plain, black and opaque.
- Plain black, leather or leather look (not canvas) flat shoes or ankle boots with black laces. No sandals, trainers, logos or branding. For example, any ‘Kickers’ tabs should be cut off.
- A black kameez can be worn in addition to the rest of the uniform, where required. A hijab can also be worn.
- Sturdy bag.
- Outdoor coat for cold/wet weather. No cardigans, body warmers or non-uniform jumpers including sweatshirts or hoodies.
A fantastic example of correctly worn uniform, modelled by our Year 7 students:
- School PE shirt (dark blue with light blue trim and the school logo). Plain black jogging bottoms or shorts.
- NEW Long Sleeved PE Shirt available in at Ann's Schoolwear or in school (Picture featured).
Size LJ (30/32") - £20
Size YTH (32/34") - £24
Size S (34/36") - £24
Size M (38/40") - £24
Size L (42/44") - £24
Size XL (46/48") - £24
- Single ear studs are permitted but must be removed for PE. No other piercings allowed.
- No excessive make-up.
- No nail varnish, gel nails or false eyelashes.
- Students who use henna in their cultural celebrations should avoid applying it to their nails as it looks like nail varnish and cannot be removed. Henna patterns on hands, which fade quite quickly, are acceptable.
- No hoodies or other non-uniform jumpers.
- Knowledge Organiser
- Black pen + 1 spare
- Green pen + 1 spare
- Pencil + 1 spare (or pencil sharpener)
- Scientific calculator
- English dictionary
- Reading book
- Refillable Water Bottle
Mobile phones and smartwatches are not allowed to be seen or heard during school time (after 8.40 until 2.50pm). If a mobile phone is seen or heard it will be confiscated.
Our uniform suppliers
- J3 & Annabelle Clothing - Standish Street, Burnley, BB11 1AP (01282831087)
- The Uniform Shop - 25 Union Street, Halifax, HX1 1PR (01422382550)
- Moses Uniform Shop - 21-23 Oldham Road, Rochdale, OL16 1UA (01706644447)
- Anns Schoolwear - 5a Union Street, Bacup, OL13 0AA (01706875127)